Some of the major disadvantages of typical traditional dentures, which are not secured by dental implants:
- Unsecured dentures are uncomfortable and often painful
- Loose-fitting dentures do not look natural, especially when eating
- As the bone continues to melt away, the dentures become loose, and can fall out when laughing, sneezing, or coughing without the use of adhesives
- People without their teeth and supporting bone visibly age much faster
- Wearing unstabilized dentures usually undermines a person’s self confidence.
- People with unsecured dentures cannot eat certain foods, such as steak, corn on the cob and apples
These problems can be solved with implant secured dentures, which are stable (securely fastened to 2-6 implants) and maintain the integrity of the facial structures by preserving the bone.
Some of the many advantages of dental implant retained denturesand dental implant supported dentures:
- They are more comfortable and stable than traditional dentures
- They virtually stop the bone resorption process (deterioration of jaw)
- Integrity of the facial structures is maintained
- Appearance is improved
- It is not necessary to cover the roof of the mouth, so food’s texture, temperature and taste can be better appreciated
- Relines and repairs are infrequent compared to traditional dentures
- No need for adhesives inside the mouth to help hold dentures in place
- Natural biting and chewing capacity is restored
Visit the Gallery to view detailed step-by-step dental implant treatment options for denture stabilization and visit our Treatment Animationssection for informative presentations on available implant possibilities. Our FAQ section is also a helpful resource for answering many common questions regarding dental implants. Ora Surgery practices eco-friendly dentistry®, using green solutions everyday to meet the needs of our patients.
All-On-Four Upper Video
Bone Atrophy Maxilla Video
Facial Effects of Tooth Loss Video
All-on-4 Lower Video
Dr. Koos is the best!
I love it here! Everyone is so kind and attentive! Dr. Koos is the best!
Comfortable experience with easy recovery
I had two molars extracted and it was the most comfortable experience I’ve ever had at a dentist/oral surgeon. The recovery was nearly none at all. I would definitely recommend ORA. Plus the Dr. called personally himself to check on me. He said if I had any questions to call him at anytime.
Modern, clean and comfortable environment
I was very pleased with my experience at ORA Oral Surgery. The office was very modern and clean. Dr. Koos explained the procedure to me as well as the risks and aftercare. The procedure itself was uneventful. The staff made me comfortable and Dr. Koos administered the anesthesia. When I woke up it was done. Dr. Koos called me at home that night to check up on me. I would recommend ORA to my friends for their dental needs.