Skip to main content
Important information regarding COVID-19

Wisdom Teeth Removal Lincoln Park – Leonard H. Chicago, IL

Wisdom Teeth Removal Lincoln Park – Leonard H. Chicago, IL


Being the gay man that I am I was overreacting about the procedure up until I had my appointment. I literally thought I was going to die and hate the thought of needles or being put under.

My consultation prior to the surgery was very nonchalant and Koos gave me the reality of my situation – only needing to get 3 out of the 4 wisdom teeth out due to one not even being in and not worth pulling as it could seriously affect my sinus.

I showed up to my appointment on an early Saturday morning and was beyond nervous in the lobby that I was shedding tears. Once the practitioner called my name to come back to the operating room I gulped and prayed that this would go smoothly.

The practitioner could tell I was a little nervous and immediately asked, “What kind of music do you like? We have anything imaginable.”

I replied, “Britney Spears.” She looked back at me instantly as if she was surprised and said, “Oh okay, it’s one of those mornings?” I said, “Definitely, yes.”

As she began hooking me up to the anesthesia machine, she began to play a remix to Britney’s Outrageous and began dancing to the beat as she was preparing me for Dr. Koos’s arrival. And this wasn’t just in a pair of headphones – this was for the whole room to hear on speakers. This definitely put me at ease and took the tension off my shoulders. I was so into the music that I forgot to breathe the anesthesia in through my nose that by the time Koos entered the room and was going to give me my sedation shot, I wasn’t even woozy yet. So he let me soak in some more anesthesia for about 5-10 more minutes until I could start to hear slow-mo Britney.

Koos gave me the shot and I was out like a light bulb. I experienced no waking up or witnessing of the teeth removed. I was scheduled for an hour and 15 minutes and I was done in less than 45 minutes! I woke up numb and feeling great that I couldn’t believe how easy the procedure went.

After the surgery I went and got my meds and had minor swelling. I was out on Gaslight’s patio that afternoon with a friend. Did I really just get surgery done this morning because I still couldn’t believe it? Dr. Koos called me later that Saturday to check up on me and see how I was feeling. He truly cares about his patients!

Couldn’t be happier with my experience – never thought I would want to do it all over again!

Click to open and close visual accessibility options. The options include increasing font-size and color contrast.